I feel like bear.comm is a great place for people who want to express themselves, and for that I have to keep a tight rule against porn accounts (or those who "flood", as I described in our rules)
if you want to have a porn blog, that's absolutely fine, Mastodon have a place for you. Bear.comm doesn't, though.
Which brings me to my final point: I'll tighten the rules around flooding by the end of the week. Don't know how it'll come out, but I'll ask for feedback before it becomes official
When we allow profiles that do this to exist on bear.comm, a number of things happen:
- first, they invite other profiles to exist too. It's a race for numbers, for followers and boosts, I imagine
- they _will_ absolutely swarm the local timeline with posts that have little originality and have the same value as a Google search
- because of the above, people who occasionally post their own content (yours truly included) will get less visibility because of that
I do want to comment on a particular answer for "what can be improved", though: someone said "porn blogs do have a place on mastodon"
By porn blogs, I interpret as profiles that post only third party content, sometimes at a frequency of one post per minute or faster.
Yes, they do have a place. The beauty of Mastodon is that you can create an instance anywhere and interact with most people on the fediverse - the federated, connected servers - but I don't feel like this place is bear.comm.
For "what can be improved":
- I got a suggestion to frequently post running costs vs funds received from our Patreon. Great idea, I'll start doing that _today_
- someone suggested creating a pixelfed instance. While I like the idea, I lack the "steam" to actually sit down and do it, so sorry for now :/
- a number of answers were about Mastodon as a project itself. While I can raise some of that issues, I can't tackle them myself (don't have the time). Mastodon is slowly catching up, though
This is a shout-out to all the #gay and #bisexual men in #poly relationships on #PrEP. How do you and your partners handle barebacking with people outside of your core relationships? Is there a vetting process? Is it a "use your best judgment, and I'll back you up" policy? Or is the policy "nope, we don't allow that"?
PrEP has changed a lot of stuff for the better, but it also brings complexity with it. I guess I'm attempting to establish a baseline here. #MSM
Heya folks! Sorry for my absense. I'll still look like a ghost for about two weeks or so. Basically a bunch of things have appeared and I have little to no time to actually engage in the community :/
That's not to say I'm not watching it, though. I'm fucking proud of many of you, really happy for newcomers engaging in fun ways, _and_ I've been watching for those breaking the rules.
If you need anything, just ping me. I might take a while to answer, but I will eventually.
#introduction I'm a gay bear from south-west Germany. Show more
Into different kinds of masks and boots. Like rubber, army and workwear. Trying to find other guys to chat and maybe even meet and play with.
NSFW Show more
Just trying this new Mastodon thing out. Figured I'd share a couple naughty pics!
bear, geek, loves games, fantasy books, manga, anime and rpdr
also a furry, and sometimes writes erotica
bear.community is a Mastodon instance for bears, chubbies and chasers.
If you're interested in joining, please be mindful that we have very specific rules for profiles focused solely on sharing third-party NSFW content.
This community is managed by real people. If you want to help it stay up, please consider becoming a patron by clicking here.